The Quote Hanger

"If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance."
- George Bernard Shaw


Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year

As clichéd as it may be, but let this be a leap year in more ways than one. 
Let this be the year that you choose to leap above what prevents you from moving forward. Leap beyond your own fears, plunge into the the unknown, and emerge with a little piece of yourself that you didn't know existed. Leap away from excuses, petty concerns, being judgmental, and blaming other people. Leap over immaturity, and grow up - it's never too late. Leap away from the past, and leap as rapidly as you can away from the people that restrain you, or make you feel small. Leap above self-deprecation to make other people feel better; let them take care of themselves. Leap into yourself, and seek within yourself what you desire from other people. Move from one leap to the next, because pretty soon you'll have arthritis, and will be unable to walk comfortably, let alone leap. And because Bukowski does the inspirational stuff quite exquisitely, I shall now hand over the mantle to him - 


The Laughing Heart by Charles Bukowski


[The picture is from here]

7 comments:

Utopia said...

Hullooo yes yes! You inspired me totallyyyy.

Utopia said...

Oh btw I am not shifting to Bombay. Not for a couple of years at least. Maybe sometime later or maybe never. :) But I do love that place. I am gonna be home for 6 months and that is Calcutta. Then let's see where I go. I do realise you don't need to know so much of detail but that comment of yours was very thoughtful and true hence. :D

Tangled up in blue... said...

Anyone who likes Bukowski, I like and I love your blog man! :) Great stuff. I follow now. :)

RR said...

Hey! I loved the earnestness of this. And that you used Bukowski at the end! Are you an admirer? Read 'Raw with love' and 'Captain Goodwine' if you haven't already!

En said...

Ah! I didn't know this was Charles Bukowski.
But I've loved it ever since I heard it used in Levi's Go Forth advertisement :)

Anonymous said...

This was very inspiring Maggi!

- Zex

Insignificant said...

Utopia, thanks for ze nice comments!

Tangled up in blue..., thank you! I really enjoyed reading your blog, too. It seems very sincere and engaging. I follow you, too! The internet is probably the only context you can say that in a non-creepy way, isn't it?

'Not all those who wander are lost', thank you! I have read some of his work, not a lot. I hadn't read the ones you recommended, and I really like 'Raw with Love', thanks! Have you heard him read any of his stuff on videos on youtube? His voice really elevates his words. Try 'Bluebird', it's one of my favourites by him - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmWZOsVtqR0

En, yeah, neither did I, I stumbled upon it quite accidentally during a random google search.

Zex, thankyou! :D